Why are the credits I purchased not showing up?Some users have experienced an issue in which credits are purchased, but they are not reflected in your credit total in the app. The following will help you troubleshoot this issue and redeem your credits.
- Check to make sure you are running the most recent version of the app. To do this, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the inbox to open the main menu. Then look at the bottom of the man menu below your account number to see which version of the app you're running. A lot of the time running an older version of Burner is the cause of this error.
- Try deleting and reinstalling the app to reset the Burner app. You can find instructions on how to delete and reinstall the app in our 'How do I delete and reinstall the Burner app' article.
- If you still do not see your credits please use the contact form to contact our Support team. If available, please include a screenshot of your most recent credits receipt showing the date/time, the item(s) purchased and confirmation that it was a Burner purchase so we can process your request as quickly as possible!
Why is the subscription I purchased not showing up?First try deleting and reinstalling the app. This will quickly reset the app and will let you see whether or not the Burner app was just stalled for a minute because of a data issue.
If you're still not seeing your subscription and you're getting error notifications, your subscription may have lapsed. This typically only happens when there's a payment failure, so make sure that your payment information is all up to date.
- In-app purchases are all handled by the App Store or Google Play store, so payment methods and other information must be updated with them.
- If you have a web app subscription with us, you can sign in at app.burnerapp.com to update your information.
- Check that you're logged into the correct Apple ID or Play Store account that was used to originally purchase the subscription.
If you're still not seeing your subscription when you open your subscription management page, or if you're still getting errors saying your burner is going to expire, please reach out to email@example.com with your account number and describe the troubleshooting process you've already gone through.
Why am I getting purchase errors?If you've made a purchase but don't see the credits you bought, try force quitting the app and reopening it. If you still don't see it, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of your purchase receipt (which gets emailed to you if your purchase actually goes through and you get charged), and we'll add it for you manually.
How do I cancel my subscription?
Canceling a Burner subscription is no different from canceling a subscription to any other app on your phone.
You can find instructions on how to manage your subscriptions here:
If you subscribed via the web, you may cancel your subscription by logging into app.burnerapp.com by entering your main cell number. From there, you can tap the cancellation link, follow the prompts that let you know about your grace period, and confirm. Once it's cancelled, you'll no longer see the cancellation link but will see a Burner expiration date as well as a renewal button in case you'd like to turn the renewal back on.
Keep in mind, for all subscriptions, cancellation does not immediately remove the subscription record. Subscriptions are paid up front, so they will live out the rest of their paid period. Once the paid period is over, the Burner has a 7-day grace period where you can extend it using credits if you need it. If you don't need it, you can let it expire and it will remove itself from your account.
How do I keep my Burner?If you decide you want to keep your Sample Burner or any Prepaid Burner and are getting expiration notices, all you need to do to is extend it.
To extend your Burner number, tap on the gear icon for that Burner, then next to the expiration date tap the Extend button. That should open up the available extension options for your Burner. Tap on the extension you want, and make sure you double check that it adds an expiration of days if you want to extend its longevity and not just the number of minutes or texts. Then tap on the number of credits, and your extension will be applied to your Burner.
If you don't have any credits on your account, you'll get a message to "Buy more credits," which you can tap to take you to the "Add credits" page. Then just select how many credits you need for the extension and confirm the purchase. Then you can go back to the Extend Burner page and buy an extension.
You also have the option to upgrade your Prepaid Burner to an Auto-renew Burner if you don't want to keep manually extending your burner number. This is ideal for customers who are using their Burner numbers for a small business or for customers who want their burner to be automatically extended on a monthly or yearly basis.
You can learn more about our different types of burners and subscription options here.