How to manage your contacts within the Burner app on iOS or Android.
To navigate to Contacts from the inbox (the home screen):
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left to access the main menu
- Tap "Contacts" in the menu
The next screen that opens is your Contacts:
From here, you can access and manage contacts for all your Burners. Note that you'll have to grant access on your device before Burner can manage your device's native contacts app.
Searching and Filtering
To search your contacts, tap the search field at the fop:
- For iOS: Tap the search field
- For Android: Tap the magnifying glass icon
To filter your contacts, swipe left and right on the filter bar.
View a Contact
To view a contact's details, tap on their name or number.
From this screen you can:
- Edit notes
- Associate Burners
Mute and BlockTo silence a contact, you have two options:
- Mute - Calls and messages from this phone will not ring or notify you, but you will see the call and message history in your Inbox.
- Block - Blocked numbers will not ring through or be able to message your Burner. Call and message history will be hidden from your Inbox. Blocked numbers that call you will get a notice that the number has been disconnected. Finally, blocked numbers go into their own "Blocked" filter on the Contacts screen.
Edit a ContactEdit a contact by tapping on their name or, if unnamed, their number.
- The Contact Details screen will open next
- Tap "Edit" in the top left to edit the info
- Now you can edit:
- Name (the top field)
- Photo (tap the person icon to change the photo)
- Which Burner this contact is associated with (tap to associate/remove)