Mobile App FAQs
Mobile App FAQs
How do I reinstall the Burner app?Occasionally things can go wrong with files in the app, causing a variety of issues. When this happens, simply reinstalling Burner will often solve any problems. But what happens to your data and history?
When you re-install:
- You will not be required to repurchase our app
- You will be required to re-verify your phone number
- All your active Burners and your history will be restored
Why can't I hear my voicemails?
If the app is having a hard time getting connected, the voicemail will not be fully downloaded and cannot be accessed to listen to. Try toggling on and off airplane mode for your device to reset your data connection, and if you aren't already on a Wi-Fi connection, connecting to Wi-Fi could do the trick.
Can I have multiple numbers?
Having multiple numbers is possible and one of the best reasons to use Burner. You can have a maximum number of 200 active Burners at a time. The maximum amount of Auto-Renewing Burners you can have is 3, but you can always create additional Prepaid Burners as needed.
- Simply open Burner, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the main menu, then tap 'Create Burner.'
- Then, depending on your credits, you may select one of the six types of Burners. As long as you have enough credits, you can buy as many additional Prepaid Burner numbers as you'd like.
- And if you need more credits, then you can either go back to the main menu and tap 'Add Credits' which will open the credits purchase page, or you can tap on the number of credits that are necessary to buy the Burner you'd like. This will give you an option to 'Buy more credits' which will take you to the credits purchase page where you can choose how many credits you want to buy. For more information on how to buy credits, check out our Using Credits article.
Right now, you can only have up to 3 Auto-Renewing Burner numbers. To buy a Subscription, just tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the main menu. Then tap 'Upgrade' in the top right corner and follow the prompts through to buy a subscription.
To upgrade your current 1 line subscription to a 3 line subscription, check out our article on Managing a Subscription.
How do I delete my account or change the phone number it’s registered on?
Request a deletion of your account:
- Burn all your numbers and delete the app
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your account phone number. Once we confirm it's yours, we'll queue it up for deletion
Request a phone number change:
If you've recently changed your phone number and want to have access to your Burner account, simply send us an email at email@example.com with the following info:
- Old number
- New number
- A screenshot of your most recent purchase receipt from your old account (as proof of ownership) with the date, time and item(s) purchased and confirmation that it was a Burner purchase
We cannot accept copy/paste of the receipt information, it does need to be a screenshot of the receipt, it cannot be a screenshot from inside the app of your credit count or Burners.
How do I use the app?
We have lots of walkthroughs in our Support articles that will give you step-by-step guides on how to perform the core functions of the app including calling, texting, creating Burners, and more.
How Burner Works:
Creating a Burner:
Text Messaging (SMS and MMS):
Burning and Expirations:
Plans and Pricing:
I am experiencing a glitch, crash, or other unusual behavior
On occasion, you may be experiencing a glitch or unexpected behavior in the way Burner operates. Here's a simple solution that generally solves most of these issues.
3. If this doesn't work, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include any error messages you're seeing or a screenshot of the issue for a faster response.