Burning a Number
No longer want your Burner number? There are two ways you can get rid of a phone number you made with Burner: You can Burn it yourself, or you can let it expire. Any phone number you create on the Burner app can be burnt or deleted at any time.
ATTENTION: You CANNOT reverse this, once a number has been deleted, all texts, calls, or voicemails have been deleted with it, and we are unable to retrieve your lost history as part of our privacy feature including the deletion of those records.
- Choose a Burner on the home screen under All Numbers
- Tap the gear icon at the top right to get to the Settings screen.
- To "Burn" your number, tap "Burn it" at the bottom of the home screen of the Burner app.
- Tap on the All Numbers option at the top left and choose the Burner line you wish to burn.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and tap 'Burn it'.
- Then tap Burn it once more.
- On the final confirmation screen, tap 'Burn it' for the 3rd time and the number will be removed.