How to manage your contacts within the Burner app on iOS or Android.
To navigate to Contacts from the home screen:
- Open the main menu by tapping the three horizontal lines at the top left of the home screen.
- Tap "Contacts" in the menu.
Now you can access and manage contacts for all your Burners. Note that you'll have to grant access on your device before Burner can manage your device's native contacts app.
Searching and Filtering
To search your contacts...
- (iOS) Tap the search field
- (Android) Tap the magnifying glass icon
To filter your contacts by Burner, swipe left and right on the filter bar.
View a Contact
To view a contact's details, tap on the name or number.
From this screen you can:
- Edit notes
- Associate Burners
Mute and BlockTo silence a contact, you have two options:
- Mute - Calls and messages from this phone will not ring or notify you, but you will see the call and message history in your Inbox.
- Block - Blocked numbers will not ring through or be able to message your Burner. Call and message history will be hidden from your Inbox. Blocked numbers that call you will get a notice that the number has been disconnected. Finally, blocked numbers go into their own "Blocked" filter on the Contacts screen.
Edit a ContactTo edit a contact, tap "Edit" (iOS) or the pencil icon (Android) from the Contact details card.
You can edit:
- Name - Person's name
- Photo - Upload your own
- Notes - Where did you meet this person? How do you know them?
- Burners - Tap to associate contacts with your Burners